Here are the rules my parents made for me.
Monica’s Cell Phone Rules
• I will always keep track of where my phone is, and take good care of it.
• When the phone rings, I will answer “Hello, this is Monica.”
• I will always use good manners on the phone. I will use words like please, thank you, excuse me, and you’re welcome.
• No calls or messages before 8 a.m.
• I will not call someone when they are at work.
• If I call someone and they do not answer, I will leave a message and tell them my name in the message. I will not call them again until they call me.
• If I write a message to someone, I will write a whole sentence and use my best spelling.
• I will not write another message to someone until they answer me.
• If I want to take someone’s picture, I will ask “May I take a picture of you?
• No phone during meals.
• No phone if someone is talking to me.
• No phone during family movies or family games.
• I will make sure my phone is turned off when I am in church, in restaurants, or quiet places.
• I will keep my phone in my bag when I am at work.
• I will leave the phone on the island in the kitchen by 9 p.m.
• No calls or messages after 9 p.m.